Navigation

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Clouds Race Across the Sky

After failing to draw a rainforest (mentioned "Jungle Scene" from previous post) all night, I was in a generally gloomy mood. Bloody sun-rays-streaming-through-the-leaves wala effect I just couldnt manage to portray X(. "God-Rays" they're called apparently.

So, suddenly the music changed track to Joe Satriani. A nice slow little song called "Clouds race across the sky". That's when I made this scene.

It's actually not just a still - it's a short video. The sun moves up through the sky and loops behind you while the clouds.. well they race across the sky! :) .. Just about to render the movie. Thought I'd put a still up of the scene first :D (Update: Click here for the video. It's only 1.7 MB)

Click to get the full-res bitmap
Yes - this one is in widescreen so I can use it as a desktop wallpaper! Hope you like it. :)

Ah... And now it's time to start on my BTP report. I shall put something more up over the weekend. Bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one. saw the video too. the sun never came overhead though. :P i want to learn 3d art giri tooooo...

Unknown said...

Yeah.. the Sun won't come overhead... i changed the path. Didn't update the post tho :-/

Gutterflower said...

Aiyyo! Sexiness! even I want to do 3d art giri! Too many exclamation marks. Nice stuff. =)