Navigation

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Dear Blog

I'm simply amazed that this blog has not died. I started it so long ago, back in my third year in IIT. Blogging was just becoming a fad back then and I had decided to give it a try. So did a lot of other people, almost everyone I know.

As the fad passed, the internets was littered with dead blogs, and many phoenixy ones as well. Luckily, this one survived. Over 4 years, I've written a little more than 200 posts - approximately 1 a week.

For me, this blog is a very special. It's one of those few hobbies or pastimes or whatever that I have kept alive for any length of time. Over these four years it really has become a sort of diary, a place where I can return to see what I thought and felt over the years.

There was a point when I almost abandoned it. Around December 2006 to April 2007 I wrote not a single post. I was bored. I didn't feel like posting. It's not like I had anything substantial to say anyway.

Luckily I discovered Maya, Vue and Apophysis in April 2007, and mediocre CG artwork drove the next many post-lets. That and shady cribbu posts. I am very cribbu. I remember they wrote that in my valfi as well.

Now, I post once in a while. A sort of whenever type of thing. I'm quite sure that this blog won't perish now. It's passed that point. I'm happy for that.

Wow, it's really been 4 years.

Happy Birthday, dear Blog. And a big Thank You to all those who still read it... I wonder how many still do...

6 comments:

Arjun said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear weblog
Happy Birthday to you

Arjun said...

How can you label this a rant this is definitely not a rant wtf

Unknown said...

Indeed you are correct. I have been mistaken about what a 'rant' is. The label is gone.

Gutterflower said...

Happy birthday seddyblog! Live long and prosper.

Avantika said...

Seddy, you must know this - ur blog is read by a lot of people who don't comment, one of them being me. So dont let it die ok? :D

Krishna said...

I am sincere follower of your blog too! Though I admit I normally catch up on 5 posts during every visit :)