Navigation

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Harishchandragad – The First Trek

Harishchandragad. The very very first trek we did. Certainly it was one of the more difficult treks I've done (perhaps only Kulang was more rigorous), it was not particularly green either. And we were lost and sans-water "almost-dead" too. But if this trek had not been so amazing, so much fun, then I would never have gone on those hundreds of other ones.

Now I wonder if I would ever have got to know Krishna and KP so well, and Ankoor Das at all, had we not gone on this trek.

Junta. (L to R):
Jerome, PD, Me, Das, (who is that?), KP, Krishna (photographer)


Ummmmm... Yeah. We're lost.


Konkankada. What an Insane drop!


Ah Waters! We have waters again!



The valley as we crossed hills



KP's bullock cart. :)

It would have been so cool to write down those "Trek Diaries" we always said we would but never got around to doing. Maybe I should do it for real this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd done Konkan Kada as a kid. Maybe 10-12 years ago or more. And i still remember the drop, and the throwing of stuff and watching it fly back up.. Back then, people had to hold my feet from behind, out of fear that i'd fly off myself, given him small i was..