Navigation

Friday, December 21, 2007

To The Sphinx

Who are you? Asked the riddler:
Gatekeeper to another world

I am a Knight of great valour
I killed and slayed without remorse
I conquered patches of Earth
And fashioned a kingdom.

But in the end
A younger me
Did usurp my role.

Who are you? Asked the riddler:
Gatekeeper to another world

I am a thief and a master of deceit
I tricked and turned and groveled at feet
I grew a fortune that
Wanted men keep.

My son did learn from me
And threw me overboard.

Who are you? Asked the riddler:
Gatekeeper to another world

I am the one with a heart of gold
It took me everywhere without much force.
I did not win
I only grew old

Yet in the end I still have this
Heart of gold.

4 comments:

crazed_mellow said...

hey seddy really nice poem. did u write this or are they lyrics???

Unknown said...

i wrote it man :)

.. i rarely put up lyrics ya..

krist0ph3r said...

@ess dee: that's what happens when you post lyrics without linking to the source: people start assuming you do it all the time. i half-thought so too, till i read your comment.

nice poem dude. keep it up!

Pallav said...

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
I got a baseball bat
Now where you at?

Heart of gold is also a song by Johnny Cash, THE Johnny Cash.

Sweet Poem.

Rock On;)

N